Monday, April 25, 2011

Jeneva

Introducing "Jeneva", one of my first 3 does (all sisters), she has turned out to be one of my favorites.  She was always the sweetest, reaching her head out to your hand to investigate and accepting pets and was pretty good about being picked up - though from what I have found, they usually just don't care to be picked up, but she tolerates it well.  She produced my first litter in the dead heat of Summer, I bred all 3 does but she was the only one to catch the first time, she only produced 2 kits but for her and the bucks first time breeding and the horrible heat and humidity of the 2010 Summer, I was happy to have my first 2 kits.  She is a wonderful mother, she has since had two other litters, the second one a litter of 8 that she aborted due to feral cats terrorizing my rabbits (another story for another post), she kindled early and they were all still born.  Her third litter she produced 6 healthy babies that are just over 5 weeks old and doing wonderful.  She is pictured the day after I picked them up from their breeder, will have more mature pictures to add in a future post. I have not weighed her since she's matured but I would guess she is around 11-12 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment