Monday, April 25, 2011

Vanora

Introducing "Vanora", one of my does - she is pictured the day after I picked them up from their breeder.  Vanora is probably my most laid back rabbit and probably my biggest rabbit as well.  Her first litter she produced 6 kits, who all eventually died due to cats (which I will explain in a future post).  She was a wonderful mother and after waiting a while, while we were dealing with getting rid of the feral cats, I bred her and she produced her second litter, but she only produced one kit.  She was a wonderful mother and the kit grew fast, it turned out she was a doe and I am keeping her (she is now 8 weeks old, named Vianca - also means 'white').  Vanora is a sweet girl and she can make quite an array of noises when she feels like it.  I haven't weighed her since she has matured but I would guess she's around 12 pounds, I think she is probably my heaviest rabbit.  She is pregnant now and due around May 10th, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment